|1950s portrait of Cave Johnson|
|Occupation||Founder of Aperture Science Enrichment Center|
Cave Johnson is the founder of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, which created the Portal Gun and GLaDOS. He is never physically to be seen in Portal 2, but old pictures and paintings of him can be found. Chell later finds out that he was driven insane by constant exposure to moon dust. Before he died, he left his secretary Caroline in charge of Aperture Science.
Cave appeares now as a Core trapped in a room in the abandoned areas of Aperture Science. Many of his pre-recorded messages can be heard.
- He appears as a portrait in LEGO Dimensions who (by a pre-recorded mesage) gives out quests in the Portal 2 World.
- In-game, the 1950s portrait of Cave Johnson bears a resemblance to Dareth from the Ninjago franchise.
- In the Aperture Science level, it seems that he somehow made the nearly identical transfer as Caroline and he's now a core with an ability to move on the ground/hover in the air. However, this wasn't featured on the original games.
- As a core, his eye is based on the 1970s Aperture logo, and resembles that of Virgil from the Portal 2 mod Portal Stories: Mel.
- Many of his portraits can be found through out the hub world.
- Cave Johnson's recordings were voiced by J.K. Simmons who reprises his role in this game.