|Vehicles and/or Gadgets|| Sentry Turret|
|Residence||Aperture Science Enrichment Center (formerly)|
In Portal, Chell is performing tests for Aperture Science, which are being overviewed by GLaDOS, an artificially intelligent computer system. Chell is antagonized by GLaDOS during her testing courses. Wielding only the Handheld Portal Device, she eventually utilizes this device as a means of avoiding hazards and bypassing various sections inside the Facility in order to escape.
Chell's origin is unclear; GLaDOS claims that in Chell's file it states that she is adopted. In Portal 2, a long-abandoned science fair poster that was part of "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" — the same day GLaDOS became rampant — is attributed to "Chell", implying that at least one of her parents worked for Aperture Science.
After the events of Portal 2, Chell alongside Wheatley returned to Aperture Science by a dimensional vortex, and again being put to test by GLaDOS. She and Wheatley decided to work together to find a way out of Aperture Science. After completing various test chambers and escaping from the abandoned areas of the facility they come face to face with GLaDOS in her Chamber. Wheatley got the idea to put Space Core on GLaDOS's mainframe. The duo had to act quickly due to GLaDOS attempting to activate the neurotoxin dispensers, despite of the odds Chell made the Core Transfer and GLaDOS lost control of the facility. Following her defeat Chell and Wheatley discovered a room behind GLaDOS' Chamber where they found a Gateway and both jumped through it. Their fate is now currently unknown. At the end she is only seen on a computer screen GLaDOS is looking at. Chell disappears and GLaDOS sings You Wouldn't Know.
- She is the first videogame-based character, representing the Portal 2 franchise, the other playable videogame- based characters are Gamer Kid representing Midway Arcade-based games, Sonic representing Sonic the Hedgehog franchise & Chase McCain representing LEGO City: Undercover.
- She is currently the only playable character that doesn't speak (Though Bart Simpson is currently silent but will receive audio in a future patch). However this is the first time in any licensed Portal fiction that we can read her emotions via her facial expressions, such as being pleased or annoyed.
- She is modeled after actress Alesia Glidewell who appears in the LEGO Dimensions E3 trailer as a live action version of the character.
- Only three characters react to her.
- Gamer Kid wonders if her name is pronounced "Shell" and ends the conversation as she is the silent type.
- Doc Brown admires her portal gun.
- Superman remembers the time he was captured by an evil computer as Chell was captured by GLaDOS. This could either be a reference to Brainiac or the Supercomputer from Superman III.
- Her toy tag resembles like the colour of her outfit and features the logo of Aperture Science, the place where she was held in by GLaDOS.
- She is the only character with the Portal Gun Ability, allowing her to create portals on the white panels to access inaccessible areas and remove enemies.
- Main article: Chell/Gallery