|DeLorean Time Machine|
|Set||71201 Level Pack|
|DeLorean Time Machine||Electric Time Machine||Ultra Time Machine|
The DeLorean time machine is a fictional automobile-based time travel device featured in the Back to the Future franchise. In the feature film series, Dr. Emmett Brown builds a time machine from a DeLorean DMC-12 with the intent of gaining insights into history and the future but instead winds up using it to travel across 130 years of Hill Valley history (from 1885 to 2015) with Marty McFly, undoing the negative effects of time travel. It was later destroyed by a train after McFly had returned to 1985.
The DeLorean Time Machine first appeared, driven by Doc Brown, after lightning from 1955 struck it back to 1885 version of Hill Valley (events from the ending of BTTF2). After he lands the Delorean, Doc asks Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf when he was. Batman thinkng that he is crazy tells him that they are in Hill Valley, then Doc realizes that he is in 1885 and comments that his presence could destroy the space-time continuum and hides the DeLoren in the Delgado Mine.
Later, during the battle against Lord Vortech, Marty emerges from a vortex flying the DeLorean and accidentaly smashes into Vortech. The rest of the fight the Marty is seen flying over Hill Valley's courthouse watching in the DeLorean. After the battle ends Marty picks up Doc with the vehicle on what remains of the courthouse.
Later Lord Vortechs steals the time machine's Flux Capacitor, one of the foundation elements and the item that makes time travel possible.
Later Marty, as well as Doc Brown, are seen in the DeLorean in the final battle against Vortech.
- This is the 'mystery vehicle' that Batman and Shaggy were talking about on the Mashup Monday sketch "Does It Come in Black?"
- This is also referenced by Green Arrow whenever he rides on it.
- There is a smaller remote control version of the DeLorean that Doc Brown can use as a part of his Drone Mazes Ability.
- The Doctor is not impressed with the vehicle and will make disparaging remarks about it when entering it, including suggesting everyone go back to his time machine, the TARDIS. Ironically, however, the DeLorean has abilities the TARDIS lacks, most specifically the ability to activate various time portals in the Back to the Future adventure world and elsewhere in the game.
- When the DeLorean was revealed, fire trails were shown in gameplay screenshots. This was apparently removed during development.
- The designer of the DeLorean Time Machine also constructed K.I.T.T.
- Since the Year 2 release, the Jump ability has been broken.
- The real life model for the DeLorean as well as the Ultra Time Machine (Hover mode) has the ability to open its doors like a real DMC-12.
- The way the Electric Time Machine is built removes that ability.