Foundation Prime is a world that existed at the start of time and was where all of the foundation elements were created before being used to build the other dimensions. It also contains the original Green Baseplate which is the foundation of all dimensions. Foundation Prime is highly unstable with bricks erupting from the surface constantly.
Foundation Prime is first seen in the Prologue when Lord Vortech and X-PO arrive, X-PO finds the origin of the Foundation Elements and is then banished by Vortech. Lord Vortech uses his powers to assemble a fortress surrounding the origin point. From this point forward Vortech uses Foundation prime as his home base from which he captures heroes and good guys and sends villains and bad guys to carry out his takeover of all the dimensions by returning the foundation elements to their point of origin. In Prime Time Vortech uses his powers to assemble obstacles to stop Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle from reaching his fortress but they do finally arrive and fight Vortech to save their friends. However, their attempts to banish Vortech fail and the villains collect the final foundation elements from Vorton revealing the Green Baseplate which Vortech uses to assemble The Tri from Robin, Frodo and MetalBeard. The Heroes return to a final fight with Vortech during The Final Dimension.
- During the Prologue, bricks fired up from the surface, assemble into objects before falling back down. Such objects include an atom and the number 42.
- Foundation Prime is featured in two levels Prime Time and The Final Dimension.
- Foundation Prime was created exclusively for LEGO Dimensions.
- During Prime Time, there is a wall which can be removed using a vehicle with the Tow Bar Ability revealing Lord Vortech's personal LEGO Gateway
- Upon repairing Vortech's gateway, it will take you to Cloud Cuckoo Land where some of Vortech's army are seen partying.