The Health Bar is the location where the Character's Hearts are located. Each Franchise has a different Health Bar.
- 4 Red Comic Hearts and a ring with comic book-themed art (Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Bane and Green Arrow)
- 4 Silver Comic Hearts and a ring with comic book-themed art (Superman, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl)
- 4 Middle-earth styled Hearts and a tree-themed ring, possibly representing the Ents (Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, and Gollum)
- 4 Gold-lined Ruby Hearts and a golden 'O' ring (Wicked Witch)
- 8 Time Lord Hearts and a bronze ring with Gallifreyan writing (The Doctor)
- 4 Metal Hearts and a bronze ring with Gallifreyan writing (Cyberman)
- 4 Spinjitzu-styled Hearts and a blue ring with runes on it (Jay, Zane, Sensei Wu, Nya, Kai, Cole, and Lloyd)
- 4 Donuts and a ring surrounded by a yellow outline (Homer Simpson, Krusty the Clown, and Bart Simpson)
- 4 Fire Chi Orbs and a ring based off of the letter C in the Legends of Chima logo (Eris, Cragger, and Laval)
- 4 Ectoplasm-covered Hearts and a ring with a red outline (Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, Raymond Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, Stay Puft and Slimer)
- 4 Hazard Sign Hearts and a beige ring with a hazard sign (Abby Yates, Erin Gilbert, Jillian Holtzmann and Patty Tolan)
- 4 8-Bit Hearts and an 8-bit ring (Gamer Kid)
- A four-bar fire-lit bomb string and a ring based off of the first movie's logo's font (Ethan Hunt)
- 4 1-UP Monitors and a ring based on the Classic Sonic Star Circle (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- 4 Gold Hearts and a ring with a steel outline (B.A. Baracus, H.M. Murdock, John "Hannibal" Smith and Templeton Peck)
- 4 Red Liquid Potions and a copper Art Deco ring (Newt Scamander, Tina Goldstein, Jacob Kowalski, Queenie Goldstein, Niffler and Swooping Evil)
- The potions become green for Player 2.
- 4 Glowing Hearts and a light blue ring based on the iconic bike scene (E.T.)
- The Health Bar in general is a direct buff from previous LEGO instalments, which only allowed 4 hits. Here, 8 hits can be taken.
- The Doctor has a different way of re-spawning: instead of just simply spawning in, he regenerates into his next incarnation in line. However, if you are playing as the Twelfth Doctor then you will regenerate into the First Doctor as this will then restart your regeneration cycle.
- Sonic also has a different way of respanwing: instead of breaking apart, he'll die just like in many Classic Sonic Games.
- The reason why Wonder Woman, Superman and Supergirl have silver hearts is because they are all invincible.
- The DC Comics hearts look exactly like they did in earlier LEGO titles (LEGO Star Wars series, LEGO Batman, etc.) The same heart design was used in the succeeding LEGO game, LEGO Avengers.
- Lord of the Rings has its hearts from LEGO The Hobbit and LEGO The Lord of the Rings
- The hearts for The LEGO Movie Videogame are reused for LEGO Dimensions.
- Prior to recent events, Sonic's health bar was shown to be incomplete in gameplay previews, using the base LEGO Health Bar as placeholders.
- The Mission: Impossible Health Bar is the only bar to have 4 stages per "heart"; An initial burning stage, a half-burnt stage, a completely-burnt stage, and an unburnt stage.