Keystones allow different kinds of modes throughout LEGO Dimensions. Each keystone has a different power which can be controlled using the toypad. The year 1 keystones are collected by completing the first 5 stages of the game which are Follow the LEGO Brick Road, Meltdown at Sector 7-G, Elements of Surprise, A Dalektable Adventure and Painting the Town Black. Once a keystone is unlocked you can activate any keystone activator with the corresponding keystone and then use its ability.
New keystones have been added for year 2 and can only be obtained by purchasing a story pack; the RIP Keystone can be obtained by getting the 71242 Story Pack and the Creation keystone can be obtained by getting the 71253 Story Pack.
- All 5 Year 1 Keystones are featured in the image for The Keystone to Victory.
- Sometimes a Keystone selector will have more than one keystone available. (Ex. Shift and Chroma) There is only one known selector in the game to have all 5 Year 1 Keystones at once.
- The Scale Keystone is dug up by Alan Grant and Ellie Satler at before the credits roll in the LEGO Jurassic World Video Game.
- The symbols on the Keystones are actually colored differently in real life than in-game.
- In physical form, the Keystone colors are limited to Azure, Lime Green, and White.
- Each Story Pack brings a new Keystone into the game. However, it seems that you will need to find a Blank Keystone and a symbol to activate them. Ex: Rip Keystone with the Ghostbusters Story Pack.
- Year 2 level packs such as A Book and a Bad Guy, Mission: Impossible (Level) , Sonic Dimensions , and The Goonies (Level) incorporate keystones into the actual levels making some mandatory for completing these stages.