|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Released||September 27, 2015 (NA)|
September 29, 2015 (EU)
Simultaneous Two Player
LEGO Dimensions is a Toys-to-Life crossover video game, in the style of Disney Infinity and Skylanders, developed by LEGO and Traveller's Tales and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and was released on September 27, 2015 in North America and September 29, 2015 in the European Union. The game is available for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Wii U.
The game was announced to be in development on April 9, 2015, but was first rumored a few weeks before.
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings and The LEGO Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex and quickly find themselves fighting to save all of LEGO humanity.
Let creativity be the guide to a building and gaming adventure – journey through unexpected worlds and team-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with different minifigures from different worlds together in one LEGO videogame, and use each other's vehicles and gadgets in a way never before possible. LEGO Bad Cop driving the DeLorean Time Machine...why not?! The LEGO Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.
There is an ancient planet at the center of the LEGO Multiverse inhabited by an evil mastermind, Lord Vortech. It is said that he who controls the Foundation Elements that this planet is built upon, controls all of the Multiverse. Lord Vortech has vowed to be that ruler, summoning characters from a variety of LEGO worlds to help him find these building bricks of LEGO civilization. Some have agreed. Others have rebelled. And only the combined powers of the greatest LEGO heroes can stop him.
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, Robin, from the DC Comics universe, MetalBeard, from The LEGO Movie universe and Frodo, from The Lord of the Rings universe are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex. As they journey to locations beyond their wildest imaginations in search of their friends, they soon realize that Lord Vortech is summoning villains from across different LEGO worlds to help him gain control. As his power grows, worlds mix, unexpected characters meet and all boundaries are broken. Our heroes must travel through space and time to rescue their friends before the vortexes destroy all of LEGO humanity.
- Main article: Game Components
- Main article: List of Companies
- Main article: List of Characters
- Main article: List of Sets
- Main article: Adventure Worlds
Vehicles and Gadgets
- Main article: List of Vehicles and Gadgets
- Main article: List of Abilities
- Main article: List of Achievements
- Main article: List of Levels
- In the post-credits sequence in LEGO Jurassic World, LEGO bricks used in the Toy Pad and the Scale Keystone are dug up by Alan Grant.
- The graphic changing depends on what universe the player is in, i.e. the levels and adventure worlds.
- The graphics are scaled down on the Xbox 360, PS3 and to a lesser extent the Wii U versions due to hardware capabilities.
- As well as objects and animations being missing from the game (Most noticeably, dinosaurs in the Jurassic World Adventure World.)
- Some sound effects were removed as well.
- This can affect quests, (on the Xbox 360 version only) such as the You Had One Job! quest, where the light tunnel doesn't appear.
- Depending on the player's progress in the game, unique animations are displayed in the home menu. The full list and their requirements can be found here.
- LEGO Dimensions won the British Academy Children's Awards for best video game.
- Year 1 Toy Tags are translucent blue, while Year 2 Tags are translucent orange.
- Main article: LEGO Dimensions/Gallery