The Mystery Dimension is a Video game version of Joel McHale (the voice actor of X-PO)'s house in the Announcement trailer for LEGO Dimensions. This world lets you battle enemies from all Year 1 franchises in waves, which grants you, upon completion, 1 gold brick. One gold brick for one franchise. Year 2 does not expand to the Mystery Dimension, making it exclusive to Year 1 like the battle arenas are exclusive to Year 2. You will need to collect 20 Gold Bricks to enter the Mystery Dimension level.
Mystery Dimension is notable for incorporating live-action sequences featuring McHale, the only level to date to include such footage.
- The Lord of the Rings
- DC Comics
- The LEGO Movie
- Back to the Future
- Doctor Who
- Jurassic World
- The Simpsons
- Legends of Chima
- Croc Goons
- The Wizard of Oz
- Portal 2
- Midway Arcade
- Robber Ghosts
- The mystery dimension is hidden in a secluded section of the Vorton HUB world. To access it you must approach the Jurassic World gateway and then walk towards the screen until you see the gateway on the left.
- The mystery dimension is the only dimension that doesn't require a character key, meaning it can be accessed by any character.
- The gateway is made of gold bricks which may be a reference to the golden doors that had to be built by collecting gold bricks in previous LEGO games.
- After the release of the Year 2 content it was discovered that you can play as any character as well as summoning a few gadgets like the Scooby Snack while within the Mystery Dimension. In order to do this you need to select a character with building instructions like Batman and then leave the instructions menu and a screen appears similar to other LEGO games that lets you select any available character. This glitch was patched in the next update.
- It's possible that a second Mystery Dimension for Year 2 exists.