|Scoobert "Scooby" Doo|
|Name||Scoobert "Scooby" Doo|
|Franchise||Scooby Doo (Theme)|
|Vehicles and/or Gadgets||Scooby Snack|
|Occupation|| Detective and crime investigator
Shaggy's pet dog
|Residence||Coolsville, Ohio, USA|
Scooby-Doo is the main character of the Scooby Doo franchise. He is the pet Great Dane of Shaggy and a member of Mystery Incorporated. He gets scared by monsters a lot easier than the rest of the gang apart from Shaggy. Yet, in spite of his cowardliness, he can be brave when motivated whether for food, or whenever his friends are in danger. Due to be being a dog, Scooby sometimes has a speech impediment where he pronounces most of his words with an "r" sound at the beginning, such as "Ruh Roh!" or "Rhaggy!".
At the begining of the level, Scooby, alongside the rest of the Mystery Inc., are investigating a case of a mummy that appeared in the Mansion of Fred's uncle, Arthur Jones. Fred sends Scooby and Shaggy to investigate the abandoned fairground. Initially, they refuse, but Fred and Velma convince them to do so after mentioning that there are snacks at the fairground. Shortly after Batman, Gandalf , and Wyldstyle defeat Lord Vortech to prevent him from obtaining the Diamond Scarab, Scooby and Shaggy stumble upon Vortech's mummy disguise. When the rest of the gang arrives, they believe that Scooby and Shaggy solved the mystery, which the two reluctantly admit to.
Scooby, alongside the rest of the gang, are seen on Vorton with the other heroes who team up to defeat Vortech.
- Underwater Swimming
- Tracking (Looks for clues or items through his nose)
- Digging (Finds and digs out hidden objects from the ground)
- Stealth (changes into an old lady disguise)
- Along with Gollum, Scooby Doo is the first playable and physical character to not be an actual minifigure, being a plastic mold.
- With the exception of the LEGO Chima characters, Scooby is also the first playable character that is an animal.
- Scooby is voiced by Frank Welker, who has voiced the character in most animation since 2002, taking over for Don Messick after his death. Welker also provides the voices for Slimer, Stay Puft (and his parade balloon counterpart in the Breaking the Barrier level), Fred (whom Welker has voiced since Scooby-Doo, Where are You?), Scooby's parents Mumsy-Doo and Dada-Doo, and Stripe.
- Incidentally, Welker tried to audition for Scooby's role for Where are You, but Messick took the role instead.
- Scooby's running animation is based on the same movements he made during the infamous chase sequences throughout the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- Scooby is one of the fastest characters in the game, due to his maximum walking speed being notably faster than other characters.
- Scooby's health "hearts" are shaped like Scooby Snacks. This is also the case for Shaggy.
- Scooby also possesses the ability to hover, or glide. For some reason, this doesn't appears on his ability list. When falling, hold down the the "X" button on the PS4 and PS3, or the "A" button on the Xbox One, the Xbox 360, and the Wii U to trigger this ability. When triggered, he pulls out two trash can lids and flaps his arms like a bird to dramatically slow his descent. This ability is a reference to a scene in the original Scooby-Doo! Where Are You? series, even though he was actually shown to be flying in the said scene.
- He and Mystery Inc. have met Batman and Robin twice in The New Scooby-Doo Movies: both episodes of question has them trying to catch the Joker and Penguin.
- Both his and Shaggy's character showcase theme is from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! theme tune, where they made their debut appearance.
- Together with Doc Brown and Unikitty, he and Shaggy are the only characters to have their own character trailer.
- When Scooby enters some vehicles, he will cower in fear instead of driving it like many other characters. He is the only character to have this animation. These include the Batmobile, Velociraptor, Homer's Car, Shelob the Great, and the Axe Chariot.
- Scooby's reaction to Unikitty and Slimer are similar, mainly due to the fact that he is panicking despite the fact that Unikitty and Slimer aren't very hostile unless they feel threatened.
- Scooby occassionally makes reference to a franchise in some of his quotes. The most prominent examples include:
- His toy tag is brown (based on his fur) and adorned with turqouise dog paw prints (coming from his dog collar), and his famous diamond-shaped dog tag on the center.
- Main article: Scooby-Doo/Gallery