|Vehicles and/or Gadgets||Slime Shooter|
|Occupation||Class-Five Full-Roaming Vapor|
Slimer was a legendary ghost to all on the original staff of the Sedgewick Hotel. His usual territory was the twelfth floor, but his outings were usually non-violent and simply involved eating food. As a result, the hotel was able to keep a lid on the supernatural problems (for a while). For some reason, Gozer's approaching time of arrival provoked Slimer (and many other ghosts) into being much more active than usual. Eventually the staff couldn't keep the ghost a secret anymore and called the Ghostbusters. However, the Ghostbusters had not yet fully tested their equipment and weren't completely prepared for a full capture. Ray was the first to find Slimer, but missed him and Slimer escaped into the next hall, where he slimed Peter Venkman.
After many errant shots and the resulting destruction, Slimer flew into the Alhambra Ballroom where the Ghostbusters made another attempt at capture. Though Slimer is at first tossed around by some more missed shots, the Ghostbusters eventually manage to get him in the streams. Slimer was then caught in the Ghost Trap and put in the storage facility. However, he was released with the many other ghosts when the storage facility was shut down by Walter Peck. Slimer occupied a hot dog cart on 1221 Avenue of the Americas in front of the Rockefeller Plaza. When the Hot Dog Vendor opened the cart, he was naturally shocked to see a ghost. After the Ghostbusters defeated Gozer and left Central Park West, Slimer was sighted in the area.
- Hazard Protection
- Hazard Cleaner
- Sonar Smash
- Mini Access
- Slurp Access
- He was first leaked on the "Ghost... busted!" achievement.
- In the films he was voiced by Ivan Reitman and was voiced by Frank Welker in The Real Ghostbusters and Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters. Frank reprises his role in the game.
- Along with Louis Tully, Vigo, and Janine Melnitz, he has a substitute actor voicing him.
- He is the third Year 1 character that has the Hazard Cleaner Ability. Krusty the Clown and Aquaman are the other two, while Lord Voldemort is the first known Year 2 character to have it. However, instead of spraying water, he eats the goo.
- Instead of riding vehicles, he possesses them. The same applies with gadgets.
- If you change the appearance of the Ecto-1, the design of the car changes to green and Slimer replaces the Ghostbusters logo.
- Slimer is the only Year 1 character as well as the only non-Adventure Time character to possess the Slurp Access Ability.
- He is one of the few characters that uses a piece of food as a weapon. The other two are Gollum and Beast Boy.
- Slimer does have quotes for occasions, but they are all varied grunts and squeals (for example, scared noises in the vortex and happy noises for collectables).
- Slimer is one of the two characters who appear in both the original series of Ghostbusters films and the 2016 reboot, the other one being Stay Puft.
- He can pass through swarms of ghosts, even when underwater.
- He is strangely invulnerable, yet this is not officially stated on his character spotlight in game.
- During the events of the 71242 Story Pack, he possesses the big version of the 2016 Ecto-1.
- His toy tag is inspired by his slime and ghost form, while the franchise's logo is its main symbol.
- Main article: Slimer/Gallery