|TARDIS||Laser-Pulse TARDIS||Energy-Burst TARDIS|
|Set||71204 Level Pack|
A TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is a product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords, an extraterrestrial civilization to which the program's central character, The Doctor, stole. A properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and any place in the universe.
One of the most striking and notable features of the TARDIS is that it is dimensionally transcendental, or as many of The Doctor's companions have noted, much to his utter delight, "It's bigger on the inside." (A 19th century incarnation of the Doctor's companion, Clara Oswald, however, caught him by surprise by stating it was "smaller on the outside.)
In the game, the interior of the TARDIS changes depending upon which incarnation of the Doctor is active. If no Doctor is active, the Twelfth Doctor TARDIS will appear.
- The TARDIS' interior changes based on which incarnation of The Doctor that you are playing as.
- One of the available Skins for the TARDIS can make it to look like a classic red British phone booth. The TARDIS is often mistakenly referred to as a phone booth rather than a police box, which is a different thing.
- It is featured as the main picture for the In the Nick of Timey-Wimey Achievement for The A Dalektable Adventure Level and Our destiny is in the stars Achievement for The Dalek Extermination of Earth Level.
- The TARDIS is the only vehicle or gadget in the game where the character is fully concealed inside it and cannot be seen. It is also the only vehicle that you can access an interior within. The different interiors can be accessed from any level or world at virtually any time.
- The Fourth Doctor is the only incarnation of The Doctor that has two TARDIS interiors in the game. His second TARDIS console room is based on the Secondary Console Room seen in Season 14 and can be accessed by entering the TARDIS on the fourth consecutive day in a month (the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th etc).
- Any character can fly the TARDIS and enter the interior, but only The Doctor can use the console inside via his TARDIS Access Ability.
- When inside the TARDIS you can choose to regenerate into a more recent or previous incarnation of The Doctor (otherwise the only other method is to kill the Doctor, which costs studs - but see below), listen to a variety of Theme Tunes and Incidental Music via the In-TARDIS Entertainment and travel through time and space using the TARDIS console.
- However, regenerations need to be unlocked naturally through defeat, which is performed by entering the TARDIS as a form of the Doctor you haven't unlocked yet.
- The Eighth Doctor's 1996 TV Movie theme isn't available from the In-TARDIS Entertainment.
- When the TARDIS is flown, the current Twelfth Doctor arrangement of the theme is heard, including a portion of the melody (known as the middle eight) which is only heard in the credits at the end of each episode.
- The TARDIS is the only special vehicle that have TARDIS Travel Ability in all of its alternate builds.
- Wonder Woman mistakes the TARDIS for a phone booth. Moreover, her quote regarding the TARDIS refers to Superman using them as an impromptu changing room during the mid-to-late 20th Century DC Comics, when phone booths were very common in the U.S.
- The TARDIS Toy Tag has the TARDIS in a rocky landscape, a reference to the infamous "BBC Quarry" used commonly as an alien landscape.
- Several TARDIS interiors have studs that can only be accessed by flying characters.
- The number of studs varies widely, with the Eighth and Eleventh Doctor interiors having by far the most available studs. The Eighth Doctor's TARDIS also has the largest explorable interior.
- Due to a glitch the Tenth Doctor's severed hand-in-a-jar (i.e. "Handy") sometimes appears within the Ninth Doctor's TARDIS.
- The Eighth, War, and Ninth Doctor's Incidental themes that can be played in the TARDIS is actually the theme used in the series 2 episode Doomsday when Rose Tyler is separated from the Tenth Doctor in a parallel world.