The A-Team was created by writers and producers Stephen J. Cannell and Frank Lupo at the behest of Brandon Tartikoff, NBC's Entertainment president. Cannell was fired from ABC in the early 1980s, after failing to produce a hit show for the network, and was hired by NBC; his first project was The A-Team. Brandon Tartikoff pitched the series to Cannell as a combination of The Dirty Dozen, Mission: Impossible, The Magnificent Seven, Mad Max and Hill Street Blues, with "Mr. T driving the car".
The A-Team was not generally expected to become a hit, although Stephen J. Cannell has said that George Peppard suggested it would be a huge hit "before we ever turned on a camera". The show became very popular; the first regular episode, which aired after Super Bowl XVII on January 30, 1983, reached 26.4% of the television audience, placing fourth in the top 10 Nielsen-rated shows.
The show remains prominent in popular culture for its cartoonish, over-the-top violence (in which people were seldom seriously hurt), formulaic episodes, its characters' ability to form weaponry and vehicles out of old parts, and its distinctive theme tune. The show boosted the career of Mr. T, who portrayed the character of B.A. Baracus, around whom the show was initially conceived. Some of the show's catchphrases, such as "I love it when a plan comes together", "Hannibal's on the jazz", and "I ain't gettin' on no plane!" have also made their way onto T-shirts and several other types of merchandise.
A quartet of former US militants who were wrongly convicted of a crime forcing them to flee to Los Angeles where they used their military training to fight injustice as The A Team. But Hannibal, Faceman, B.A and Murdock always stop to help the little guy against some corrupt local bigwig before escaping the MPs once again.
- 71251 Fun Pack
* These characters can be playable after finishing this quest.
- This is the second franchise Fox loaned to LEGO, after The Simpsons.
- Universal previously owned this property before Fox bought the rights from Universal.
- The show was referenced in Teen Titans Go! episode Oil Drums.
- Despite the logo from the 2010 movie appearing on the 71251 Fun Pack, the content in the actual game will be based on the popular 1983 TV Series.
- There are rumors that the show will receive a reboot, it is unknown if it's true, or either if there will be LEGO packs.
- On a list of leaked franchises from September 2015, the initials AT were argued to be either A-Team or Adventure Time. Incidentally, both franchises are part of Year 2.
- On the same list, there was a pack labelled Mr. T, the name of the actor who portrayed B.A. Baracus in the A-Team TV Show.
- It's the second time B.A. Baracus will crossover with The Simpsons, outside of episodes of the series, he is also a good friend of Krusty the Clown.