When brothers Mikey and Brand's house faces foreclosure, they and their friends (together known as "The Goonies") find a mysterious treasure map in Mikey's attic, apparently leading to the pirate One-Eyed Willie's ship. The Goonies set off on an adventure to find the treasure and save the goondocks, while evading the criminal family known as the Fratellis.
- 71267 Level Pack
* Not included physically, but playable in-game upon completing the Goonies level.
Astoria, Oregon; The Goondocks
- In the movie, Chunk attempts to call the Sheriff for help, but he assumes that it's another prank call like "the creatures that multiply when you throw water on them", a reference to Gremlins. Coincidentally, Corey Feldman, who plays Mouth in The Goonies, also plays Pete Fountaine, a supporting character in Gremlins.
- The portal for the Goonies has octopus tentacles, while there is not an octopus in the final cut of the film, there is one in a deleted scene, 2 of the Goonies are attacked by a giant octopus, Data warded off the creature with a radio.
- Despite this, when the cops ask what was the scariest part of their adventure, Data says it was the octopus.
- Game designers James McLaughlin and Arthur Parsons have said that the Goonies is their favorite movie.
- Before this franchise featured in LEGO Dimensions, there's a video game was made based on the film with the same name for the Nintendo Entertainment System along with its sequel.
- Its sequel, despite being called The Goonies 2, is not an official sequel to the first film.
- The Teen Titans Go! episode "Booty Scooty" parodied this film.
- While many of the franchises featured are based off of more mainstream franchises, this one is an unusual case, as it is based off of a cult film.
- The Goonies Level will allow to players to play the full movie from Sloth's and Chunk's perspectives.
- On a Reddit Q&A livestream, Arthur Parsons revealed that the Goonies characters will be receiving new audio.