|Vehicles and/or Gadgets|| TARDIS|
|Weapons/Accessories|| Sonic Screwdriver|
The Twelfth Doctor emerged from his predecessor's explosive regeneration on Trenzalore, being the product of "regeneration number thirteen." He was the first incarnation of the Doctor's second regeneration cycle, which had been bestowed upon him by the Time Lords. Clara Oswald, continuing her travels with him after he regenerated, served as his primary companion, and at times acted as his moral compass. Assured of the survival of Gallifrey, he was no longer chained down by his guilt. A darker character with a withdrawn and spiky attitude, he was less amiable and habitually questioned his own goodness. Although this incarnation was no stranger to kindness and humor, he often dispensed with niceties in a tense situation, becoming cold and calculative in critical moments that required sound judgment and the occasional application of sharp practice. However, because of his detachment from emotions, he could come off as unpleasant, fearsome, and ruthless. These qualities often terrified those who were around him, even his companions. He became harder to trust, and acknowledged his shift toward negative personality traits, feeling incensed and fearful at what he was changing into. He first appeared with his other incarnations in the show's 50th Anniversary special "The Day of the Doctor" where he helped save his home planet during the special's climax.
Chronologically, The Doctor first appeared at the end of A Dalektable Adventure. In his TARDIS, The Doctor recived a phone call from an unknown source. Thinking it's from the Daleks, The Doctor teleported to the place, which was the Daleks' base. He discovered that all the Daleks, including the Dalek Emperor, were defeated, and got shrinked. He also met there Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle. When the heroes seems to know the Doctor, he realized that they already met his future self. He invited them to the TARDIS, where they told him that they were rescued by him after they got stuck in a rift loop. The Doctor then took them back to Vorton, and used his screwdriver to fix the LEGO Gateway so they wouldn't get stuck in a rift loop again. The Doctor then went to rescue there past selfes from the rift loop, but not before Batman gave him his grapple gun.
The first actuall appearance of The Doctor in the game was at the begining of the level. The Doctor came to the rift loop to rescue the version of Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle before they met him by using Batman's grapple gun, bringing the trio to safety in his TARDIS claiming that they have a lot of monsters to fight against. Batman immediately interrogated him on what is going on, but then the Doctor proceeds to explain about the concept of time travel. Still not convinced, Batman thought he was lying, only for the Doctor to hand him the same grapple gun he used earlier to save them, which still baffled Batman. Shortly after the TARDIS rematerialized in 'Dave', he dropped the group off and gave them his phone number if ever they need his help before quickly leaving, stating as much as he wants to help them, that can only threaten the stability of his world.
After the defeat of the Tri, the trio quickly get more help, saving and enlisting the Doctor who was trapped by the Daleks, The Cybermen, the Zygons and the Weeping Angels. He then join forces with the trio to stop Lord Vortech who have reached maximum power by this point. At first, he helped fixing X-PO and then went on building a device that can seal the space tyrant up with X-PO and GLaDOS, which was later used in the last battle against Lord Vortech. During the battle he distracts Vortech on the TARDIS on Foundation Prime, meanwhile the trio destroys the baseplate. After the destruction of the palace he once again saves the trio and gives them the devices to trap Vortech. After the battle Wyldstyle asked if the Doctor manage to escape on to appeared behind her claiming that he waited for ages.
- Regeneration (Changes his own appearance after getting killed off in game)
- TARDIS Access (Access TARDIS interior)
- Sonar Smash
- Intelligence Access
- He is currently portrayed by Scottish actor Peter Capaldi who has been portraying him since the end of the Christmas special The Time of the Doctor in 2013.
- Like Tenth Doctor actor and fellow Scot David Tennant, he was also a major fan of Doctor Who prior to being cast as the Doctor.
- Unlike previous incarnations of The Doctor, Peter Capaldi reprises his role in this game. All of his predecessors are in the game through the use of archive audio.
- Prior to being cast as the Doctor, he had previously appeared in the show as Roman merchant Lobus Caecilius in the series 4 episode The Fires of Pompeii and as Home Office Secretary and Torchwood Three government contact John Frobisher in the show's spin-off Torchwood miniseries Children of Earth.
- He is notably more friendly and approachable in the game than in the series. This is most likely because his somewhat hostile and dark personality could be frightening to children. Despite this, most of his comments to the other characters sound fairly accurate to what the Doctor would say (albeit in a more friendly tone).
- His outfit in the game is directly based off from his first outfit which he wore at the end of his debut episode Deep Breath and throughout his first season. Since Series 9 however, he has a much different outfit and he has a different sonic screwdriver than portrayed in the game.
- He shares the same hair piece with Peter Venkman and Seventh Doctor, although the latter has his mostly covered up by his Panama hat in-game.
- When the player loses all of their in-game hearts in this form, The Doctor will regenerate back to the First Doctor, which then restarts his regeneration process all over again.
- He is one of four playable characters who have both the Hacking and Technology Abilities: Doc Brown, Benny, and the Cyberman are the other three characters.
- The Twelfth Doctor breaks the fourth wall by saying "I suppose you expected me to come back with a bow tie and some 'entertaining' hair..." when he's supposed to regenerate back to the First Doctor but doesn't, either because the ability hasn't been unlocked yet or cycling through regenerations has been turned off (which players can do manually).
- His secondary weapon/accessory, a spoon, is a throwback to a fight he had with Robin Hood in the series 8 episode Robot of Sherwood, as well as a reference to Seventh Doctor's habit of fiddling with spoons occasionally.
- Many of the lines he speaks when facing other characters and entering certain vehicles will reference several of the eccentricities of his previous incarnations and other franchises :
- The line he speaks to Homer Simpson regarding offering some jelly babies is in reference of Fourth Doctor's love for jelly babies.
- His line when meeting Scooby-Doo and being a little uneasy with him stems from his time as Fourth and Tenth Doctors with K-9 who is a robot dog.
- Whenever he enters inside the Batmobile, he would mention his old vintage yellow car Bessie and the Brigadier, both of which have been part of Third Doctor's time.
- The line he speaks to Doc Brown is a reference to the Fourth Doctor's first episode Robot where Dr. Harry Sullivan says he isn't fit yet.
- One of his departure lines is reminiscent of one of Fourth Doctor's entry lines used in the game "First things first, but not in that order."
- When he enters the DeLorean Time Machine, he would reference Doc Brown's quote of how the car must time travel by having going up to 88 mph and how he saved the space-time continuum three times over by traveling over 130 years of Hill Valley history shown in the trilogy.
- Other lines are taken directly from past episodes:
- The Doctor's reference to Clara being his carer is from "Into the Dalek".
- His remark about having attack eyebrows comes from his debut, "Deep Breath".
- His remark about not doing hugs goodbye refers to the incarnation's initial aversion to hugging and physical contact, though he did allow Clara to hug him goodbye in the episode "Death in Heaven" and during Season 9, which was being broadcast at the time the Twelfth Doctor was added as a playable character, he had started hugging Clara again.
- When left idle, the Doctor will produce a blackboard upon which the word "LISTEN" appears. This is a reference to the Series 8 episode of the same title in which said word appeared mysteriously on a blackboard within the Doctor's TARDIS. Blackboards also played important roles in several other episodes.
- Coincidentally, while he seals Lord Vortech in a "perfect prison", his Tenth incarnation had encountered a deity sealed in a "perfect prison" as well, in the episode The Satan Pit.
- His toy tag resembles his 1st major outfit (which is a navy blue suit with red lining) and its main symbol, the Doctor Who logo, resembles the TARDIS.
- Main article: Twelfth Doctor/Gallery