|Wicked Witch of the West|
|Name||Wicked Witch of the West|
|Franchise||The Wizard of Oz|
|Vehicles and/or Gadgets||Winged Monkey|
|Residence||Witch's Castle, Oz|
The Wicked Witch of the West (or simply the Wicked Witch) is one of the Fun Pack characters who serves as a main antagonist in the level "Follow the LEGO Brick Road" in LEGO Dimensions. She appears in the 71221 Fun Pack for The Wizard of Oz franchise.
The Wicked Witch of the West is the malevolent ruler of the Winkie Country. Her castle is described as beautiful instead of being the sinister fortress shown in the movie. In all versions, she is seriously aquaphobic. The Wicked Witch of the West was not related to the Wicked Witch of the East, but leagued together with her, the Wicked Witch of the South and Mombi to conquer the Land of Oz and divide it among themselves, as recounted in L. Frank Baum's Dorothy Gale and the Wizard in Oz. She shows no interest in the death of the Eastern Witch, and all she cares about is obtaining the Silver Shoes which will increase her power. W. W. Denslow's illustrations for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz depict her as a paunched old hag with three pigtails and an eye-patch. L. Frank Baum himself specified that she only had one eye, but that it "was as powerful as a telescope", enabling the witch to see what was happening in her kingdom from her castle windows. Other illustrators, such as Paul Granger, placed her eye in the center of her forehead, as a cyclops. Usually, she is shown wearing an eye patch, however some illustrations incorrectly show her with two eyes.
Most of her power resides in the creatures she controls. She has a pack of wolves, a swarm of bees, a flock of crows and an army of Winkies. She possesses the enchanted Golden Cap, which compels the winged monkeys to obey her on three occasions. First, the witch commanded the creatures to help her enslave the Winkies and to seize control of the western part of the Land of Oz. Second, she made the winged monkeys drive Dorothy out of the Winkie Country, when he attempted to overthrow her.
When Dorothy Gale and her companions were sent by the Wizard to destroy her, the Witch attacked them with a pack of 40 great wolves, a flock of 40 crows, a swarm of black bees, and a group of Winkie slaves. Each of these attempts were thwarted, but the protagonists are eventually subdued by the Witch's third and final permitted use of the Winged Monkeys. Nevertheless, the old witch cannot kill Dorothy because the girl is protected by the Good Witch of the North's kiss. She therefore settles for enslaving Dorothy, and tries to force the Cowardly Lion into submission by starving him, though Dorothy sneaks him food. Upon seeing the Silver Shoes on the girl's feet, the Wicked Witch decides to steal them, and thereby acquire even more power.
The Wicked WItch is the main antagonist of the level. First her laugh can be hear after Dorothy Gale and her friends send to the Foundation Prime. Later the Wicked Witch is seen with her flying monkeys overflying Oz, then saw Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf and the Shift keystone which gave her sense of power. She, alongside her army, attacked the heroes, however they were too strong for her. At the end of the battle she escaped with the keystone and retreat to her castle.
Later when the heroes went to recover the keystone, the Witch send her Winkie Guards to stop them, however the trio manage to reach the top of the castle where they came face to face with the wicked witch, now having the power of the keystone. To avoid her use her new power the heroes build cages around the portals that makes her being trapped every time she tries to use the them, however she manages to escape but the heroes rebuild the broken cage (alongside other pieces) into a water cannon and spray her, caused she to melt. Later her melted body is transported to Foundation Prime.
- The Wicked Witch of the West is voiced by Courtenay Taylor. In the 1939 film, she was portrayed by Margaret Hamilton.
- The Wicked Witch of the West's design is similar to the Collectible Minifigures Series 2 Witch.
- She is the only minifigure from The Wizard of Oz franchise that is a physical figure.
- She cannot cross even knee-deep water in game while walking, otherwise she will temporarily melt. This is in reference to her weakness towards water in the book and the film when Dorothy kills her by accidentally throwing water at her when Scarecrow was deliberately set on fire by the Witch. She will automatically resort to flying on her broomstick if she is about to land in water.
- During the boss battle, Wyldstyle references Wicked when she states that the Witch's broom is "defying gravity", a song from the Broadway musical of the same name.
- The Wicked Witch is one of the few bosses in LEGO Dimensions who are playable along with The Joker, Slimer, Stay Puft and Bane.
- Her face appears in the achievement There's no Place Like... This.
- She is seen in the trailer for Year 2, accidently coming in contact with water along with Gizmo.
- She is rumored to appear in one of The LEGO Batman Movie summer sets allong with her Flying Monkies.
- Main article: Wicked Witch/Gallery