|Oscar Zoroaster Phadring Isaac Norman Henkle Emanuel Ambrose Diggs/Wizard of Oz|
|Name||Oscar Zoroaster Phadring Isaac Norman Henkle Emanuel Ambrose Diggs/Wizard of Oz|
|Franchise||The Wizard of Oz|
|Vehicles and/or Gadgets||None|
|Occupation||Wizard of Oz|
|Residence|| Emerald City|
Ohama, Nebraska (formerly)
Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkle Emmanuel Ambrose Diggs (or simply Oscar Diggs) was born in Ohama, Nebraska up to a local politician who also came up with his full name. Growing with a long, dreadful name as a child, he shortened his name to O.Z. as a reminder of that facet of himself. When he grew into a young man, he ran away to the circus (possibly the Bailum & Barney's Great Consolidated Shows) and worked there as a ventriloquist, using the acroynm of his first two names as his stage name.
One day, during a storm, the ropes of his hot-air balloon went unraveled that he had to catch up with it, sending both of them into the Land of Oz. When the people came to see him arriving from the sky, people thought he was a magical creature and bowed before him. He said that he was like a Wizard and showed off some tricks, and the people called him Oz from looking at his initials on his balloon. Some time after, he started the construction of Emerald City and united the four countries of the North, South, East and West which he ruled over for years in peace.
When the first book and the film came, the Good Witch of the North/Glinda the Good Witch informed Dorothy Gale that she could go to the Wizard of Oz in Emerald City so he can grant her wish to go back home in Kansas. While mentioned a lot in the book, he was not brought up again until halfway when Dorothy, her dog Toto, and her friends Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, and Cowardly Lion meet him in the Throne Room (individually in the book, as a group in the film) where he asked them to tackle the Wicked Witch (defeat the witch in the book, get her broom in the film). When they returned with the broom, the Wizard said to return the next day, infuriating the group further and having Toto to catch a curtain that holds the Wizard's Machine, exposing him as a fraud. In spite of being a conman and liar who tricked the Land of Oz to believe that he was an almighty figure, he truly admitted of being a bad wizard, or a humbug. Still, he went his way to fulfill Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, and Cowardly Lion's wishes, and offered Dorothy and Toto a ride back to Kansas. However, a mishap happened at the launching of his hot-air balloon when Toto chased after a cat, causing Dorothy to catch up with him and Wizard to drift away off, not being able to control the balloon for a long time. He was not seen again until the book Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz when he met Dorothy and her cousin Zeb while they're trapped in the Glass City at the Land of the Mangaboos and helped them to escape the land and into Oz, where he have remained in place for the rest of the book series.
He is seen to be trapped in the Haunted Forest surrounded by ghosts in the Follow the LEGO Brick Road level. He can be freed once again by getting a character with the Ghost Puzzles Ability and the Ghost Trap.
- In LEGO Dimensions, the Wizard of Oz is voiced by Christopher Corey Smith. In the 1939 film, he was portrayed by Frank Morgan who also portrayed Professor Marvel, the Doorman, the Cabby, and the Guard in the film.
- The Wizard changed his legal name from the lengthy Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkle Emmanuel Ambrose Diggs to the shortened acronym O.Z. mainly due to how long and unbearable the name was for him growing up, and the rest of his name formed the acronym P.I.N.H.E.A.D., or just pinhead for short.
- It is said that he might be responsible for kidnapping and hiding Princess Ozma, together with the Wicked Witch of the North Mombi some time before the series begun, to ensure that no one will try to usurp the power and throne from him, as he had ousted her father King Pastoria some time after his arrival in Oz.
- However, it is confirmed in the Oz series books such as The Marvelous Land of Oz and Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz that Mombi was solely responsible for kidnapping Ozma as a baby, turning her into a boy named Tip and putting her into servitude, as such clearing the Wizard from actually committing the crime.
- In the 1939 film, he was implied to be Professor Marvel's Oz counterpart since this film seems to have Oz liken to a dream that Dorothy had after getting trapped during the cyclone.
- In the probable prequel Wicked book trilogy and the musical of the same name, it was questionably implied that he was the Wicked Witch's father.
- In the probable film prequel 2013 Disney film Oz: Great and Powerful, he was shown as a struggling womanizing Circus Magician in early 1900's Kansas who had a crush on Dorothy's mom (here named Annie who happens to be his childhood friend) and was too focused in achieving greatness so much that he encouraged her to accept a "John Gale (Dorothy's father)"'s proposal in marriage, and later meeting the then-non evil, naive Wicked Witch upon arriving Oz, who is named Theodora in the film.